Monday, April 25, 2011

A Nubian Princess for the Wrong Reasons?

Ladies, have you ever had a brother call you a Nubian princess? Well, I had one call me that the other day, and also tell me he was married to a light-skinned sister, but truly liked women my complexion. What? I truly wanted to smack him, because he sounded like he thought he was doing me a huge favor by paying me this underhanded compliment. 

First off, I would never disrepect any of my sisters, light or dark, by succumbing to such a scandal. Second of all, I am a princess in my mind and probaly the minds of many others, but I am almost 100% sure he was referring to my chocolate skin. 

Should I be offended?

1 comment:

  1. Never be offended by the remarks of fools. Our culture has stifled the admission by human males that the smooth skin (regardless how dark or light)of African women is the quintessential feel.
    The personality which usually comes with it equally a pleasure. Check out the novel "Harry & Ivory" and enjoy a good (and exciting) read written by a pulp-fiction writer re what a man who knows - in this case a white man - about what is the best. The very best.

    ReplyDelete